Thursday, June 17, 2010

What's the Big Deal With Yoga?


Link

Recently, my cousin said to me, describing a woman he had met, "She was one of those yoga-crazed people." Of course I had to laugh. He is right, Yogis (students of Yoga) can be a little obsessive, even in love with their Yoga. I certainly am not excluded from that group. I remember my first Yoga class, it was at a small gym in Fresno, and although it was very challenging, it was love at first forward fold. To this day, almost 12 years later, Yoga and I are still honeymooners. Though, only 3 years a go did I incorporate Yoga a part of my daily life. I have seen myself overcome many physical, emotional, and mental challenges since applying Yoga daily. For example, I used to suffer from panic attacks, I used to be anxious, daily headaches, have trouble focusing, trouble getting to sleep, and tingly legs while lying in bed Now, every single one of these problems are of the past. Yoga is an ancient practice, carried over from the East. There are many different types of Yoga, each has a different main focus and a different outcome. Some classes are gentle and slow, others are sweaty and intense. Of course your teachers personality, training and style will influence your class, making each Yoga experience unique and interesting. Here are just a few benefits that come from doing Yoga:

Yoga gives you tools to reduce stress

lowers your blood pressure

helps you to to sleep quicker, and sleep deeper

greatly reduces back pain
creates flexibility

builds strength
sooths the Central Nervous System
shifts blood flow, sending
nutrients to internal organs,resulting in healthier skin, and brain
gives you the tools to remain calm in challenging situations

helps you to digest your food

detoxifies the body

Plus many more
Yoga brings you closer to your spirituality, closer to yourself, and teaches a love
and connection to all living beings.
 
If you are thinking about trying Yoga for the first time, go to: www.coilyoga.com

We offer Yoga Basics classes and Yoga for Beginners.
The way I see it, everyone deserves to feel good in their body. The body is a temple, a vessel to carry us through this adventure of life. If we take the time and the effort to care for it properly, it will take care of us back. Plus, it is a good day to try something new. It is a good day to do show yourself some love.





1 comment:

  1. I read about commercial toothpaste years ago in this book which talks about commercial additives and fillers that go into common health and beauty aids and have found a local lady that makes goat milk soap which is all natural my mom sells it in her shop on 1208 West Olive Ave., Madera, CA 93638. Her soap is featured at This and That boutique and other home-made products free of propylene glycol, sodium laureth sulfate, and any other man engineered chemicals. I firmly believe that what you put on your skin is just as important as what we put in our mouth because of the skins absorption. Take a look at the book if you can it is very informative and eye opening!

    ReplyDelete