Sunday, July 18, 2010

Home Spa Cooling Trick


Today I have heard these words to describe the weather today, an oven, Hell, horrid, and as I have enjoyed saying lately, "hot as the dickens." Whatever that means. Yes, it is as Julia Childs would say, its "hotter than a stiff cock!" As I go about my day, repeating the mantra, "I am OK with being so hot," I smile to myself as I know the treat that awaits me at home. It is very simple, and I am going to share it with you so you can enjoy this sweet relief too. At a health foods store you can find essential oil of Peppermint. Buy it. It costs about $8. Take it home and splash it in your shower about 5 times, on the walls and the head and the door or curtain. Then, blast the hot water for a couple of seconds. Turn the water over to luke warm, and enter your naked, hot self. The Peppermint will now act as a cooling ,exhilarating personal air conditioner. Repeat as many times a day as needed and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I usually put a drop in drinking water. It helps with digestion, bad breath, flatulence, and is cooling and refreshing to drink. I also dab it on my temples to rid a bad headache, or drench a handkerchief in ice water that has been vigorously mixed. I then wring it out and wear it around my neck.

    ReplyDelete