Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Meditation, this Station, Feel the Vibration


"Meditation allows you to carve out a relationship with the inner presence that is the deepest part of yourself. Eventually, you find that you can rest in that presence through the storms of life and so that everything you do comes from the awareness of who you are." ~Sally Kepmton Multi-tasking, scatter brained, anxious, lots of energy, restless. This would be a good description of me before I started making Yoga and meditation a part of my life. I would even get panic attacks and have a hard time sleeping. The meditation practice, I always thought, would come after I had being doing Yoga for a while, when I was ready. But what I learned was that if one is focused in a Yoga practice, they are also practicing meditation; the beginning of it. It starts out as a natural high, where your sense of reality is a bit altered, and you feel as though you are hovering over the floor. My thought is that it is this feeling that Sages refer to as "levitating." My husband says it is human nature for us to want to alter our state of mind, showing an explanation for the high volume use of drugs, pills and alcohol in this world. Maybe our archaic desire stems from our brains wanting to go to that place meditation takes you. I think our minds crave it, but we don't always know how to feed that, so we grab what is easy. Meditation and Yoga are not activities I would call "easy." They do get easier in time, but I think it is also human nature to seek challenges and want to grow and change. This is not true for everyone, but that is a whole other topic that I may go into another time. But what I am trying to say is that when it does get "easier" most students seek a new challenge or learn something new to try and master. I feel that if something comes easily, it most likely isn't worth too much. Think about if you have ever wanted something really badly, but you couldn't afford it. Maybe you worked extra, went with out other stuff, saved and saved, and then you were able to buy it for yourself. To me that is a much bigger reward than if someone were to just buy it for you. You know what I am saying? One of the main reasons Yoga and meditation are so divine, amazing, powerful, life changing, is because it come with challenges that you learn to overcome. Getting to that magical place in meditation when not one single thought enters your mind, you are sitting in peace; in the space you created in and around you that is out of this world. To me, is a time of sitting right in the lap of God. What an amazing moment to experience. If you have ever thought about trying meditation blended with Yoga, there is an opportunity coming tomorrow night! At COIL Yoga Studio in Fresno, Ca July 23rd 6:45-8:45 www.coilyoga.com I hope you will come and try it out. You will be welcomed with love and gentle guiding. "Whether you are a Christian, a Buddhist, a Hindu, whether you belong to some other religion or to none at all, the source of meditation is always of a spiritual nature." ~Indra Devi

No comments:

Post a Comment