Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Ocean Cleans My Teeth




Have you ever read the ingredients on your toothpaste? For years, I had not, but I did know that I hated every toothpaste I used. Brushing my teeth was a horrid chore that I dreaded, due to the nasty taste and feel of toothpaste. After some investigation, I learned that the reasons for my dislike for toothpaste had a lot to do with what the bright blue paste was made from. Many mainstream toothpastes have harmful ingredients like detergents, synthetic fragrances, fluoride, Triclosan, and dyes. As humans we have choices, and if we don't want unnecessary ingredients, that could make us ill or plain just taste bad in our products, we don't have to blindly "consume." See these links for more info on harmful ingredients in toothpaste:

http://www.downwithbasics.com/toothpastedanger.html
http://www.health-report.co.uk/triclosan.html


Speaking of choices, I would like to recommend the two pastes we use in our home. J/A/S/O/N Sea Fresh and Weleda Salt Toothpaste. Both can be found at Natural Health food stores like Whole Foods, Tower Health, Bee Alive, and Christina's (if you live in Fresno, Ca). Or at Good Earth Organic Market, if you live in Marin County. ;) My husband prefers the Sea Fresh, where I LOVE the Welda Salt. Both are really tasty, naturally. Both are free of fluoride, detergents, and neither are tested on animals. Which we like. Try them for yourself and let me know what you think! Brushing your teeth may become a fun and yummy part of your day, it has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment